SQL – UPDATE Statement: In this article, we will figure out how to refresh a record utilizing ‘UPDATE‘ proclamation in SQL.
Update proclamation is utilized to refresh/change any information/record that as of now exists in a table.
UPDATE table_name SET column1=value1, column2=value2, column3=value3, ... WHERE condition;
- table_name: name of the table into which we need to embed information.
- column1, column2, … : names of the segments/fields.
- value1, value2, … : values of the segment/fields indicated.
- condition: the condition characterizes which information will be refreshed.
We can likewise refresh different columns/records one after another by changing the condition in ‘WHERE statement‘.
1) To refresh the name of the understudy whose Enroll_No is 4
UPDATE Student SET Student_name = 'Vaibhav' WHERE Enroll_No = 4;
2) To refresh city of the considerable number of understudies to Mumbai
UPDATE Student SET City = 'Mumbai';